There is always need for honest and hard workers


Assisting with the Process of Obtaining Permanent Employment-Based Visas

Some foreign nationals accept temporary opportunities to work in the United States before returning to their home countries. On the other hand, some people are interested in long-term opportunities in the U.S. that might lead to legal permanent residency and green cards for them and their families.

Permanent employment-based visas can be highly beneficial for both visa holders and their employers. However, the process of obtaining these visas is not always an easy one. Both companies and individual visa applicants must meet qualifications and requirements set out in immigration law to obtain permanent visas. It is always helpful to seek the advice and guidance of an experienced Iowa immigration lawyer during the process.

EB-2 and EB-3 Visas

EB-2 and EB-3 visas are different than other employer-sponsored visas because they are not issued for temporary or seasonal work. Instead, EB-2 and EB-3 applicants intend to live and work in the United States for the long-term. Employers must first obtain labor certification to hire the foreign employee from the U.S. Department of Labor, and then apply for the visa from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The applicant must then apply through the consulate to obtain the appropriate visa.

These visas are available for the following individuals:

  • Those with advanced degrees
  • Those with exceptional abilities in certain fields
  • Skilled workers with two or more years of experience or training
  • Professionals with Bachelor’s degrees
  • Unskilled workers

Employers must show that no qualified individuals are available for these positions from within the United States, and they must provide a full-time job offer for EB-2 or EB-3 visa applicants.

Applying for Your Green Card

Once someone receives an immigrant visa or J-1 status, they are able to apply to receive an adjustment of status (AOS) to become legal permanent residents of the United States. This allows them to remain in the U.S. indefinitely and have additional rights and responsibilities. Becoming a permanent resident can also put you on the path to United States citizenship if you so choose. Green card applications require specific paperwork, fees, and an interview process, and it is important to be fully prepared and not make any errors. Always speak with a green card attorney if you are considering an adjustment of status.

Discuss Your Immigration Goals with Our Experienced Permanent Visa Lawyers

At Farmer, Farmer & Brown Law Firm, P.L.L.C. our legal team handles all types of permanent visa and green card application cases. Call (512) 894-2128 or contact us online to set up a consultation and discuss how we can help you or your company.


Tell us about your legal issue and we will get back to you promptly.

We Respect Your Privacy. Privacy Policy

How We Can Help You

Take some time to explain the nature of your needs and we will do our best to reach out to you and collect more information on your legal circumstances. Our team is ready to help you in the best way possible.