There is always need for honest and hard workers


Assisting Clients Seeking Non-immigrant Investor Visas

The federal government has enacted immigration laws that work to stimulate the United States economy. Specifically, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issues certain nonimmigrant visas for foreign nationals who engage in qualified business activities with the United States or commit investments to U.S. enterprises. Some of these visas are available for nationals of countries that have active commerce and navigation treaties with the U.S. The following are three investment visa options, and for more information, consult with the investment visa lawyers at the law firm of Farmer, Farmer & Brown Law Firm, P.L.L.C..

E-1 Visas

The United States encourages many types of trade with treaty countries. If you are a citizen of a treaty country and you engage in substantial trade with the U.S., you might be able to qualify for an E-1 visa. Trade can involve goods, services, banking, technology, and much more, and eligible treaty traders must conduct more than 50 percent of their trade business with the United States. Treaty traders can apply for E-1 nonimmigrant status, which allows them to come to the U.S. temporarily for the purpose of promoting the U.S. trade enterprise. Employees of the trader might also be eligible, as well as spouses and children under age 21.

E-2 Visas

Nationals of treaty countries may also want to make substantial investments in U.S. enterprises, and then come to the U.S. to develop and direct that enterprise. Such treaty investors may qualify for an E-2 nonimmigrant visa for a temporary stay in the United States. The investment must be substantial, and it may not be in a marginal enterprise. There is no minimum dollar amount, and whether an investment is considered substantial will be determined on an individual basis. Employees of the investor might also be eligible, as well as spouses and children under age 21.

EB-5 Visas

USCIS oversees the EB-5 immigrant investor program, which allows qualified foreign nationals to make a minimum investment in enterprises in the U.S., provided the investment creates at least ten new jobs for domestic workers. Unlike E-2 classification, obtaining an EB-5 visa requires a minimum dollar amount, which increases to $1,800,000 on November 21, 2019.  If the investment enterprise is in a targeted employment area, the minimum is reduced to $900,000.

All of the above visa applications are highly complex. Applicants must provide significant evidence of their enterprises and investments before they will be eligible for these visas. It is advisable to consult with an experienced immigration lawyer who can evaluate your qualifications for such visas and help you compile the evidence you need for a successful application.

Contact Our Investment Visa Lawyers for More Information Today

The law firm of Farmer, Farmer & Brown Law Firm, P.L.L.C. assists clients with all types of visa applications, including employers and individual investors. If you would like to discuss the possibility of obtaining an E-1, E-2, or EB-5 visa, do not hesitate to call (512) 894-2128 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our immigration attorneys.


Tell us about your legal issue and we will get back to you promptly.

We Respect Your Privacy. Privacy Policy

How We Can Help You

Take some time to explain the nature of your needs and we will do our best to reach out to you and collect more information on your legal circumstances. Our team is ready to help you in the best way possible.