EB-2 and EB-3 VISA

There is always need for honest and hard workers


Assisting with Applications for Permanent Employment-Based Visas

If foreign nationals wish to work in the United States temporarily, and they are always planning to return to their home country, they should obtain and employer-sponsored nonimmigrant visa. On the other hand, if someone wishes to work in the U.S. indefinitely, they should seek a permanent visa that can lead to a green card. Two options are the EB-2 and EB-3 visas.

Each of these visa types requires specific qualifications and application procedures, and any errors can result in unnecessary delays or denials of your permanent visa. It is always advisable to consult with an experienced EB-2 and EB-3 visa attorney at the immigration law firm of Farmer, Farmer & Brown Law Firm, P.L.L.C.

EB-2 Visas

EB-2 visas are permanent employment-based visas for foreign nationals with either of the following:

  • Advanced degree – The applicant must be qualified for a job that requires an advanced degree, and the applicant must prove they have such a degree or the equivalent, which can involve a Bachelor’s degree plus progressive work experience in the field for at least five years.
  • Exceptional ability – The applicant must be able to demonstrate a degree of expertise in the arts, sciences, or business that is significantly above the ability ordinarily encountered in their field.

Applicants must be able to show documentation proving they have a specific academic record, professional experience, professional license, high salaries reflecting their abilities, awards or other recognition of their outstanding achievements, or other evidence of their qualifications for the EB-2 category.

EB-3 Visas

The EB-3 visa is intended for foreign nationals wishing to work long-term in the United States in certain fields, when equivalent employees are not available from within the United States. Eligible candidates for this type of visa fall into one of the following categories:

  • Skilled workers – At least two years of training or experience in a field in which they have a full-time job offer in the United States.
  • Professionals – Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a professional field, and a full-time job offer that requires a Bachelor’s degree.
  • Unskilled/other workers – Having less than two years of training or experience in a field, and a full-time job offer that is not seasonal or temporary in nature.

The Visa Process

These visa applications must generally be accompanied by the necessary labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor obtained from the intended employer. Spouses and children under age 21 of the visa holder must obtain the necessary immigration status to accompany them to the United States.

Contact Our Iowa EB-2 and EB-3 Visa Attorneys for Assistance Today

Permanent employment-based visas are a valuable pathway to legal permanent residency/green cards in the U.S. for foreign employees and their families. If you are an employer who wishes to sponsor permanent work visas, you should discuss the matter with an experienced immigration lawyer. Our team at Farmer, Farmer & Brown Law Firm, P.L.L.C. has helped many people on the path to obtaining green cards, so please call (512) 894-2128 or contact us online to see how we can assist in your situation.


Tell us about your legal issue and we will get back to you promptly.

We Respect Your Privacy. Privacy Policy

How We Can Help You

Take some time to explain the nature of your needs and we will do our best to reach out to you and collect more information on your legal circumstances. Our team is ready to help you in the best way possible.